Monday, June 18, 2007

Cultural Experiment 1

OK, quick intro. It's been in my head to see what goes into the development of a language. What words, expressions, structures evolve first and what comes later. What do (a) people need to communicate verbally. What trappings of modern evolved language form can be dropped and eschewed.

Of course, building a new language isn't going to be easy. I'm thinking this will progress like a standard [insert language here] 101 course. Start with basic words, concepts, and phrases and evolve the language as the need or urge for new concepts arises. This means I need your help. I'm not going to come up with equivalents for every word in Websters. So, if you want to see a new word drop me a line and I'll think of something. As this progresses and my imagination starts to dry up, I may ask for input for translations for words and concepts.

Basically, I'll try to get this started and then see how things go from there.

No comments: